Our history

 

The History of Cornerstone Children’s Ranch
 

 

Cornerstone Children’s Ranch Inc. was founded in 1998 by the Steve Mercer Family with a Christ-driven heart for missions. CCR is situated on ten acres of oasis on the border in the rural town of Quemado off HWY 277 on what the locals call the River Road: FM 1664. Quemado is halfway between Eagle Pass and  Del Rio where the U.S. International Bridges are located. Quemado is approximately 18 miles from Eagle Pass and 43 miles from Del Rio. CCR is situated one 1/4 mile from the Rio Grande River.

In 1997, God brought the Mercer Family to Quemado,Texas,  a rural farming community surrounded with endless pecan orchards. The Mercer Family have been involved with missions in Indiana since 1983. They have provided much needed help to families in need of child care, the homeless in Chicago, provided clothing to the Pacific Garden Mission. During these years, God had taken them from owning a trucking company to foster parenting and child care, to where the CCR mission they serve today.  God had been teaching and training them for several years about missions. God connected them with Brother Jack Calk of the Del Rio Uvalde Baptist and Bob King of Hungry kids International, and together they joined  in helping the missions to Mexico.  This began construction of CCR beginning with a vision to help the poor and hungry along theTexas and Mexico border. This was God’ doing by providing the funding of the land in just a few short months, and the funding for the new warehouse. God also provided the man for the job to start the warehouse, Mr. Kenny Price.

Future plans include  retreat center, more missionary housing, and a local feeding program for the elderly and the hungry. 

 

 About Us

 
  April 2021  
SMTWTFS
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 
     
Bible Search